We all dream of having the most alluring and gleaming smile. Most of the time though, many of us face some type of misalignment and don’t feel so confident about our smile. But with the advancement of the field of orthodontics, it is now easily possible to correct all kinds of misaligned teeth either by metal braces or aligners. In this article, we will discuss the two options and weigh in on which is the best for you.
Invisible aligners or clear aligners are a modern alternative to metal braces. Entirely invisible and comfortable to wear, clear aligners work by applying gentle and gradual pressure on your teeth which eventually pushes them into the right position. Clear aligners can solve most alignment issues like overbites, underbites, teeth gaps etc. However, they are not as effective as metal braces for severe or highly advanced bite cases.
Advantages of Clear Aligners
- Invisible aligners are clear and hence cannot be seen by the naked eye. This means that users who are shy about metal can confidently smile as their teeth are corrected with the help of clear aligners.
- Unlike metal aligners that can cause self-esteem issues, clear aligners inspire confidence and radiance.
- Clear aligners are also entirely removable sets of plastic trays. This means that users can eat all that they want without compromise. They simply need to take off their aligners and go on!
- Clear aligners can effectively fix minor to major misalignments. So if you are someone facing relatively simple or slightly complex misalignments, you can choose clear aligners.
Did you know that modern metal braces were invented in the year 1819, more than 100 years ago? There is no doubt that metal braces are an older kind of misalignment treatment than aligners. They can fix every kind of minor to severe and advanced misalignments in 12-24 months. Made up of brackets, wires and other metal parts, traditional braces are a great option for kids with growing teeth.
Advantages of Metal Braces
- Have been around for 100+ years which means that they are a sure shot way to resolve your dental misalignment issues.
- Children and pre-teens who are still growing can perfectly wear metal braces to correct their smiles along with adults.
- They are highly durable. You never have to worry about misplacing them or forgetting them as they are fixed to your teeth and long-lasting.
- They are the best way to treat complex or advanced bite issues.
So, finally, aligners vs braces! Which is better?
Well, it all depends on your needs and the type of dental misalignments you face. If you are someone with a minor to major misalignment who wants an inconspicuous treatment, then clear aligners like makeO toothsi aligners are the way to go. It can also depend on how much you are willing to spend. Metal aligners typically cost a bit lower than the teeth aligners price in India. However, this is due to the cost of the advanced materials used in aligners!
If you are someone with an extremely severe bite case, then it is better to opt for metal or traditional braces as they are the most effective solution.
How do you decide which one to get?
Visit your nearest dental clinic and book an appointment with an orthodontist. Only they are qualified to study your teeth, identify the severity of misalignments and suggest possible treatment plans for you.
Additionally, you can choose makeO toothsi to determine your dental fate. Either visit our makeO experience centres and walk-in for free dentist appointments. You can also avail a free 3D scan to understand your teeth better and begin the process of getting clear aligners. Or you can book an at-home 3D scan from our website. Our toothsi pros will visit you and scan your entire jaw. These scans will be sent forward to our experts who will create a smile makeOver plan for you based on your dental issues.
But why choose makeO? makeO toothsi is a leading oral care brand. We produce highly effective and science backed oral care products along with strong, durable and entirely invisible aligners too. Our aligners are made with USFDA-approved material and are exceptional at bringing a smile makeOver. Interested in knowing more? Visit our website today!